The Post-Conflict Research Center (PCRC) invites young people from the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Northern Macedonia and Kosovo) to submit creative multimedia content on topics related to peace, reconciliation, and intercultural understanding in the Western Balkans.
The works submitted within this competition will be presented on the Balkan Diskurs platform, and the winning works will be published in the new MIR magazine. This printed magazine will present stories and alternative views on society, history, culture, inequality, human rights, justice and politics in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Western Balkans, with the goal of showcasing our region to both local and international audiences. The magazine will be published in 2021 in Bosnian and English, and its development is supported by King’s College London, the London School of Economics and Political Science, the University of the Arts London, VII Academy, and PCRC’s Development Grants.
Nine winners will be selected in total. The top three works in each of the three categories listed below will be awarded the following cash prizes:
- First place = 300 KM / 150 €
- Second place = 200 KM / 100 €
- Third place = 100 KM / 50 €
- Works must be submitted by persons aged 18 to 35 years.
- Work must be submitted by persons residing in one of the countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Northern Macedonia and Kosovo).
- The content must be original work produced by the participant.
DEADLINE: July 15th, 2021
The following types of multimedia content are acceptable:
– VISUAL CONTENT I (drawings, illustrations, and cartoons)
– VISUAL CONTENT II (photographs and other graphics)
– ESSAY OR SHORT STORY (500 – 1000 words).
The work you create can be in colored in any tone – witty, educational, personal, inspiring, emotional, etc. It is only important that the content is inspired and related to the ideas of peace, reconciliation and intercultural understanding in the Western Balkans. WE WELCOME CREATIVITY!
RULES FOR SENDING THE APPLICATION:
Applications for the competition should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line as “MIR Multimedia competition”. The following should be sent in the email:
– Visual content in high resolution (150dpi – 300dpi) or text as a TXT file.
– A short description of the submission (1 – 3 sentences).
– Applicant’s personal information: full name, date of birth, city and country of residence.
– Applicant’s confirmation that PCRC and Balkan Diskurs have permission to use the submitted content for the needs of MIR magazine (1 sentence).
Winners will be announced by the end of August 2021.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPETITION AND TO SEE WHEN THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED, FOLLOW PCRC AND BALKAN DISKURS SOCIAL NETWORKS @pcrcbih & @balkandiskurs.